Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Raisin Bran Muffins

This is a recipe that I got from Janet, my M-I-L, and I think she got it from Shannon, my S-I-L.  It makes a ton of yummy moist muffins.  While I'm not a big fan of eating raisins by themselves they have never bothered me in baked goods like cinnamon rolls, cookies, and muffins so I really like these muffins.  This recipe works well as a prepare the night before and then bake in the morning recipe.  It also makes a lot but they freeze well and thaw out fast. My changes are in red.

Mix together:
2 cups Flour (substitute whole wheat - no one will know)
4 eggs
1 cup Oats (sometimes I do 1 cup whole oats and 1/4 cup quick oats)
1 cup Wheat Germ
3 cups sugar
1 Tbsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp.  Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon (I use 2 tsp)
Flax seed - I usually pour in at least 1/2 cup

Add:
20 oz box Raisin Bran cereal
1 qt. Buttermilk (I alway make my buttermilk with vinegar because I never have buttermilk on hand)
1 cup Oil

Stir all ingredients together and allow the cereal to absorb the milk a little (like I said overnight works well but is not required)
Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 min.




No comments:

Post a Comment